We are a modern university, driving professional and creative excellence characterized by our
commitment to delivering an outstanding student experience.
Our vision at Bucks is to be a leading influence, shaping higher education for the benefit of our
students and their chosen industries. Within a welcoming and supportive environment, we
deliver high-quality scholarship, focused research and professional practice.
Our mission is to put our students first and work responsively to inspire and nurture talent for a
range of careers. To achieve this, we collaborate with a variability of partners regionally,
nationally and internationally to ensure that our graduates are ready for the world of work, and
that we are able to meet the current and future demands of employers.
- High Wycombe is the proud recipient of a Purple Flag award.
- We were shortlisted for the 2014 Prospects Awards in the ‘Best Website’, ‘Best
University Campaign’ and ‘Best International Campaign’ categories.
- We became a Stonewall Diversity Champion in 2012.
- Bucks Students’ Union ranked 12th Best Students’ Union in the NSS 2015 Survey.
- Bucks Students’ Union won a Best Bar None Gold Award 2010 in recognition of being
one of the best Students’ Union venues in the UK, and has consistently won further
awards each year
- We were shortlisted for a 2015 Times Higher Education Leadership and Management
Award (THELMA) in the ‘Outstanding Student Services’
- Bucks won Education Provider of the Year (post-registration) at the 2015 Student
Nursing Times Awards.
- We achieved the Carbon Trust Standard in 2011 and have so far achieved 43% of our
targets for 2020. Visitac.uk/sustainability to discover more.
- We became a Fairtrade university in 2009, and continue to retain this status.
Our applied research and knowledge transfer activities inform our prospectus, enable notable
outputs and develop the opportunity for employer engagement. This partnership approach keeps
us relevant and ensures our students are prepared for the real-life challenges of the 21st century
Our academic structure is fabricated around two faculties: The Faculty of Society & Health and
the Faculty of Design, Media and Management. These faculties are then divided into schools and
The Faculty of Design, Media & Management
We combine a range of disciplines spanning the creative and cultural industries, servicing public
and private sector organizations and inms, makes us both engaging and ongoing.
The Faculty of Society & Health
We have outstanding partnerships with both public and private sector Employers, and advanced
courses that help people hit the ground running in their chosen careers when they graduate.
We offer a wide variety of programs that are geared towards the needs of the NHS and the
independent health care sector.
There is an extensive choice of undergraduate, postgraduate and
professional study available within our faculty. In nursing, for example, both pre-registration and
post-registration courses are on offer.